Xultophy® 100/3.6 is an injectable prescription medicine that contains 2 diabetes medicines, insulin degludec, 100 units/mL, and liraglutide, 3.6 mg/mL. Xultophy® 100/3.6 should be used along with diet and exercise to lower blood sugar (glucose) in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Xultophy® 100/3.6 is not recommended as the first choice of medicine for treating diabetes.
- Xultophy® 100/3.6 is not recommended for use in combination with any other product containing liraglutide or another glucagon like peptide 1 receptor agonist (GLP-1 RA).
- Xultophy® 100/3.6 is not for use in people with type 1 diabetes or people with diabetic ketoacidosis (increased ketones in the blood or urine).
- It is not known if Xultophy® 100/3.6 can be used with mealtime insulin.
- It is not known if Xultophy® 100/3.6 is safe and effective for use in children.